Contents - Previous - Next
This is the old United Nations University website. Visit the new site at http://unu.edu
1. Hague Academy International The Right to Development at the International Level Sijthoff & Noordhoff, 1980), p. 94.
2. K. Sharma, "In Search of an Alternative Science, " Development and Co-operation no. 4 (1987): 26.
3. See, generally, S. Goonatilake, Crippled Minds: An Exploration into Colonial Culture (Vikas Publishing House, 1982), chap. 9: "Science, Culture, and Social Systems: Some Theoretical Impressions."
4. See the statement at the 14th meeting of the World Order Models Project in Poona, India, 2-10 July 1974, titled "The Perversion of Science and Technology: An Indictment," in R. Falk, S. Kim, and S. Mandlovitz, Toward a Just World Order (Westview Press, 1984), p. 359.
5. For a reference to such a class in Africa and Asia and its links with multinational corporations, see Louis Turner, Multinational Corporations and the Third World (Allen Lane, 1973), p. 67.
6. "Neither Prince Nor Merchant: Citizen," Development Dialogue vol. 1 (1987): 170.
7. See, generally, C, Cooper "Science, Technology, and Production in the Underdeveloped Countries: An Introduction, " Journal of Development Studies vol. 9, no. 1 (1972); F. Stewart, Technology and Underdevelopment, 2nd ed. (Macmillan. 1982), p. 278.
8. See, generally, C.G. Weeramantry, The Slumbering Sentinels (Penguin Books, 1984).
9. Thomas Land, "India Tightens Chemical Hazard Control," Development and Cooperation no. 6 (1987): 18.
10. Another Development for SADCC report of a seminar of November 1985 in Lesotho (Dag Hammarskjöld Foundation, 1987), p. 164.
11. A.W. Goldsworthy, ea., Technological Change: Impart of Information Technology (Australian Government Publishing Service, 1981), p. 56.
12. Stewart (note 7 above), p. 3.
13. Turner (note 5 above), p. 70.
14. Turner (note 5 above), p. 70-11.
15. See generally Intra-national Transfer of Technology (Asian Productivity Organization, Tokyo, 1976), chap. 2.
16. See Turner (note 5 above), p. 67.
17. Christopher Zielenski, "Reading the Grassroots: Publishing Methodologies for Development Organizations, " Development Dialogue vol. 1 (1987): 196.
18. See Publications Policy and Practice in the United Nations System (Joint Inspection Unit, Geneva, 1984) (Doc. no. JIU/REP/84/5).
19. See Weeramantry (note 8 above).
20. See Technological Change: Impart of Information Technology (Australian Government Publishing Service, 1981) p. 50.
21. See the Paris Minimum Standards for Derogation of Human Rights Norms in a State of Emergency (September 1984).
22. Our Common Future Report of the World Commission on Environment and Development (Oxford University Press, 1987). p. 118, based on data from FAO Production Yearbook 1985 (Rome, 1986).
23. See World Bank, Poverty and Hunger Issues and Options for Food Security in Developing Countries (Washington, 1). C., 1986).
24. Development and Co-operation, no. 2 (1988): 24.
25. E/CN/4/1334, pares. 39-54.
26. For a fuller discussion see Weeramantry (note 8 above), chap. 3: "The Inadequacies of the Law."
27. North-South: A Programme for Survival, the Report of the Brandt Commission (Pan Books, London/Sydney, 1980), p. 23.
28. See in particular Marasinghe and Coklin, eds. ,, Essays on Third World Perspectives In Jurisprudence (Malayan Law Journal, 1984).
29. Marasinghe and Coklin (note 28 above), p. 4.
30. Marasinghe and Coklin (note 28 above), p. v.
Dag Hammarskjöld Foundation. Another Development for SADCC. Report of a Seminar of November 1985 in Lesotho. Dag Hammarskjöld Foundation, 1987.
Goonatilake, S. Crippled Minds: An Exploration Into Colonial Culture. Vikas Publishing House, 1982.
Hague Academy of International Law/UNU. The Right to Development at the International Level. Sijthoff & Noordhoff, 1980.
Stewart, F. Technology and Underdevelopment, 2nd ed. Macmillan, 1982.
Weeramantry, C.G. The Slumbering Sentinels: Law and Human Rights In the Wake of Technology. Penguin Books, 1984.
. Nuclear Weapons and Scientific Responsibillty. Longwood Academic, 1987.
World Commission on Environment and Development. Our Common Future. Oxford University Press, 1987.
Contents - Previous - Next