This is the old United Nations University website. Visit the new site at http://unu.edu
Social and environmental aspects of desertification
Table of contents (42 p.)
Edited by J.A. Mabbutt and Andrew W. Wilson
Proceedings of an Inter-Congress Meeting of the International Geographical Union Working Group on Desertification in and around Arid Lands, held in conjunction with the Arid Lands Sub-programme of the United Nations University Natural Resources Programme, and the UNESCO/MAB Programme. 3-8 January 1979. Tuscon, Arizona, USA.
THE UNITED NATIONS UNIVERSITY
© The United Nations University, 1980
This report was published within the framework of the United Nations University's Programme on the Use and Management of Natural Resources. The views expressed are those of the editors and not necessarily those of the United Nations University.
United Nations University Press
The United Nations University
53-70 Jingumae 5-chome, Shibuya-ku
Tokyo 150, Japan
Tel.: (03) 3499-2811. Fax: (03) 3406-7345.
Telex: J25442. Cable: UNATUNIV TOKYO.
1. Tucson-the city and the desert
2. Regional reports on desertification
3. Reports of thematic study groups
4. Reporting session on related MAB projects in the united states
5. Panel discussion: problems of livelihood and desertification
6. Contributed papers
7. Session on United Nations university sub-programme on assessment of the application of knowledge to arid lands problems
8. United Nations activities to combat desertification
9. Field excursion reports
Appendix A: list of participants
Appendix B: programme
Back to previous page