This is the old United Nations University website. Visit the new site at http://unu.edu
Scholarships for attending the conference
A limited number of scholarships are available for people from developing countries to participate in this conference. The deadline for applications is the 14th May 2004.
These scholarships will cover excursion economy class travel to and from Galway, accommodation, and subsistence whilst at the conference.
[Please refer to http://www.worldbank.org/data/databytopic/class.htm#High_income - applicants from all countries other than those classified as high-income economies are eligible to apply.]
Applicants must submit the following materials:
- Be from a developing country and currently residing in a developing country
- Be working in a relevant profession or currently engaged in post-graduate study in a relevant field of study.
- A full CV stating details of all higher education and work experience.
- A 500 word (maximum) statement which explains how the applicant believes that s/he would benefit from participation in the conference.
- Two references from responsible persons who are not related to the applicant. These references must state the full contact details of the referee.
Please submit applications to:
- Only successful applicants will be contacted.
- No correspondence will be entered into regarding the application process or the basis for evaluating applications.
- Whilst the conference organizers will assist with visa applications for successful applicants where necessary, the conference organizers will not be responsible where visas cannot be obtained.