This is the old United Nations University website. Visit the new site at http://unu.edu
|Papers presented at the Symposium on|
'THE FUTURE OF UNIVERSITIES'
5 December 1996, Santiago, Chile
(held in conjunction with the 43rd Session of the Council of the United Nations University)
C O N T E N T S
- "Higher Education in Latin America: The Present and the Challenges"
by Jose Joaquin Brunner, Minister and Secretary-General, Government of Chile
- "The Challenge of Higher Education on the Threshold of a New Century"
by Marco Antonio R. Dias, Director, Division of Higher Education, UNESCO, Paris
- "The Future of Universities: From an African Perspective"
by Donald Ekong, Scholar-in-Residence, The Ford Foundation Office for South Africa, Johannesburg
- "The Future of Universities: From an Asian-Pacific Perspective"
by Ingrid Moses, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, University of Canberra, Australia
- "The Future of Universities: From a European Perspective"
by J. A. van Ginkel, Rector Magnificus, Utrecht University, the Netherlands
- "Universities and the Challenge of the Future: The Chilean Experience"
by Jaime Lavados Montes, Rector, Universidad de Chile, Santiago
Return to General Information
Return to the UNU Homepage