The UNU Partnership Initiative
Business Thrives Where Society Thrives
Many successful companies acknowledge that addressing global problems such as poverty, environmental deterioration and trade imbalances through a Corporate Social Responsibility program is an investment opportunity.
Fewer corporations have realized that their long-term success may depend on their response to these problems.
We make every effort to engage private enterprises in the work of governments and the United Nations, to build sustainable and equitable societies together, and to mobilize our comparative advantages in pursuit of a world free from want and from fear.
Why become a United Nations University Partner?
UNU works together with corporations for the eradication of poverty and to improve education, both which are essential for business to thrive.
- UNU supports efforts for effective and responsible national governance, which is needed for long-term private business investment.
- Corporate partners may enhance their credibility, image and reputation.
- Corporate partners may gain first-hand access to the University's extensive international networks.
- In partnerships, corporations may gain access to new market opportunities.
- Partners will be able to manage and reduce risk better.
- Partners may gain in increased innovation and creativity through cross-sector inputs.
- Partners will have first-hand access to UNU research that shapes global values and policies that have effects on international business endeavors.
- UNU provides scientific findings that form the base of international business standards, such as export/import, emissions, agriculture, urban infrastructure, labor etc.
- By partnering with the UNU, companies may offer new motivation and development of their employees.
UNU's Partnership Initiative team has long experience working with the private sector. Each corporate partner is provided with a committed account manager from the Partnership Initiative, located in Tokyo.
Page last modified 2011.06.07.