Efforts are underway to get members of AGS-Net participate in Nutrition conferences and workshops in or about Africa. Members will also be encouraged to participate in conferences that will broaden the scope of the African graduate nutrition students. It is the aspiration that early exposure to the practicalities on the continent will facilitate the effectives of nutrition graduates in dealing with the problems on the continent.
For a member to qualify to attend such conferences, the person must be:
· in good membership standing with the Network for at least 1 year.
· actively involved in the activities and discussions of the Network
· willing to report back in writing to the Network within a week after attending the conference/workshop. The report will be published in the AGS-Net Newsletter.
· close to the meeting venue or be willing to travel.
· interested in the conference theme/topic.
· prepared to advocate for more membership to AGS-Net.